View Single Post
Old 3 November 2009, 10:15 AM   #54
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy View Post
Thanks so much Richard, it is a rare beast in a couple of ways.
It is a Duofold special which has the length of a senior but the girth of a junior. The nib is the nib it came with all those years ago, a flex stub.
It has become my favorite fountain pen and I write between 9 and 15 pages a day with it.
It is the main reason for me sending my Nakaya back to John Mottishaw for a nib replacement. I have had John fit a double broad nibe with stub grind and extra flex, should be here by the end of the week and hopefull with the Montegrappa historia Limited edition I snagged off him at the same time

How are you enjoying the Omas, that has to be one of the most beautiful modern pens out there. I know one will be mine very soon, I love Omas and have had the pleasure of using the same one as yours with a broad nib, it has left memories with me!

Thank you as well folks for your comments on my handwriting, trust me it is the nib! I strive every day to improve but one look at Richards hand writing makes me realise I have a way to go.

Thank you as well Steve for creating this sub forum. I predict it is going to be a very busy one!
Thanks Shandy for the compliment on my handwriting, but I assure you that it was all the pen. The photo in my signature is from the MB 149 italic that I have. That pen improves the appearance of my handwriting by 10 fold.

The Omas is excellent, but I am not using it at the time. It was more of a collector piece for my collection and was actually my first Omas. I am going to pick up the same pen in the Milord very soon. That one I will use in my rotation.

That Duo is a real keeper. I am going to see if I can find one somewhere, but it will most definitely take some time.

Can't wait to see examples of the one your are getting back from Mottishaw. Please don't forget to post some samples of its abilities.
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote