View Single Post
Old 10 November 2009, 11:47 AM   #1
shandy
Banned

2 Diamine Ink Reviews, Ruby red and Majestic blue.

I just got two new Diamine inks in the mail from the excellent stylus pens in Edmonton Alberta. Ordered Friday here on Monday

I got Majestic blue and Ruby red. Both 80ml bottles $13 a peice.

These are my first inks from the old English ink maker (Though I am sure that I used their ink in school way back when when I grew up in England!)..They won't be the last!

First a note about the bottles. They are wonderful glass bottles with green mottled screw tops. The bottles remind me of the old ink bottles I used to see in school!

The inks are wonderful, rich colours and great shading. the flow is perfect and drying times very quick for both inks.

The blue in particular is a stunning shade, think writing with liquid sapphire blue precious stones! There is a luminocity to it but at the same time it is deep enough for more formal uses.

The red, Wow, what a red, deep in colour it leaps from the page. I know I will be using this one quite a bit in the journal!

If you have any more questions fire away and I will try to help.

Here are some photos of writing samples. written on 90g velum clairefontaine unlined journal paper. I have managed to adjust them to pretty much the authentic colours!

Ruby red
The second image should give an idea of the shading capabilities. (both colour samples are with a double broad flexi stub Nakaya nib!)

Majestic blue

shandy is offline   Reply With Quote