View Single Post
Old 21 November 2009, 04:16 AM   #4
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
This is why I got the Chrono Avenger which was Ti. The old SuperOcean Professional had a brushed SS finish which was nice (BTW, that was my Breitling).

I also had the Steelfish blue dial, it was a nice heavy piece but the Pro II SS wasn't as comfy as the Pro I in Ti.
I agree. Not only is the Pro I more comfortable IMO, I like the look of it a lot better than the Pro II. Again, II seems more dressy which is not the look I'm going for when I sport a watch like a Breitling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgs View Post
I agree with you 100%. I think Breitling is "missing the boat" by not offering more models with an all brushed finish, especially with the sportier models. In my opinion they would experience a boost in sales with more brushed surfaced watches. I would hop on the Breitling train if they did it...
Yep. I eventually bought a Skyland Avenger Blacksteel as the DLC finish was awesome. I liked pretty much everything about the watch except one minor point. The hands just seemed too plain to me and pretty thin...hence the lume wasn't very good (actually, the lume of the markers was pretty week too due to their small size).

Those knocks aside, I was planning on keep the watch for at least a year until I was going to flip to purchase a DSSD (the boss, aka wife, wasn't going to authorize more expansion to my collection in terms of numbers)...but sure enough about a month after I bought it I found a DSSD and had to purchase (this was over a year ago when it wasn't very easy to find a DSSD). So, the Breitling didn't stay in the collection too long. I'm sure I'll get another soon as I've seen a few w/ their new collection that look promising via pictures.

SA vs Sub Date lume:
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote