View Single Post
Old 21 November 2009, 11:54 PM   #18
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehttaM View Post
I believe that the "Tropic Dial" is the term referred to the dial that has been changed by sunlight. [Term referred to Black Dials of subs when they turn Brown-ish.] These are rare because it takes many years for the color change to take action. High demand for the "Tropic Dial" will sometimes make it work double the value.
Got it - THANKS! Guess this one doesn't apply, as the dial is nice and dark... Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Looks good to me, so get it in the mail to me now!!!!!!!!

Really, its quality vintage IMHO.

Only things I noticed is the cyclops looks like it has been polished a lot, hence the distorted date appearance.
Also there is some cracking/damage to the lume on the hands both the hour and minute hand.
LOL! On my way to the post office right now!

Yeah, the cyclops does look like it has been polished, and the date looks good only at certain angle (which, I evidently, didn't capture ). As far as the lume - it doesn't bother me too much - as long as it does not start flaking off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybump View Post
Looks perfect greg!!! now text me how much..hahahaha
I'll trade you for a couple Pams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog1000 View Post
Greg,as Steve said,Looks like the crystal has been polished (cyclops) alot to distort the date....Not sure if it's just the pic though......Also the case edges look over polished,but overall,I would say legit and and a nice buy if at a good price!!!
My suggestion again is,show some leg and negotiate.....
Rob.!
Dammit - now I have to shave my legs

The guy knows its worth, and since all the papers are present, he is not letting it go very cheap... Then again, I guess the term is relative, since there aren't many complete Reds out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masugu View Post
Wow...the whole enchilada!!! Great watch head, original bracelet AND Papers & Box!!!

That's my Grail package
Thanks, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Precision View Post
The dial looks good. In my opinion, I don't think the dial was molested. The dial's markers are consistent with the hands.

x2, in regards to the cyclops being polished.
Glad to hear it, Henry - I was worried about the dial/hands being non-original first and foremost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor66 View Post
Wow what a package!!!! How did that beauty fall into your lap? I can offer no "Expert" advice but I know that the only concern you should have is a fellow member trying to make that deal before you do:

I always look forward to reading your posts Greg and I hope you decide to pull the trigger on this and I look forward to viewing the obligatory wrist shots in due course.

Good luck
Thanks, man! Hopefully the potential seller doesn't know how to find this forum! Will post pics as soon as I commit to it - but it is a part of a trade deal, so I don't believe I'll be keeping it. Maybe look at it for a few months and then pass it on to a good home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
Greg it looks to be an amazing example of a very early meters first. I'd put that serial number in the 1969 range. The earlist I'm aware of is in the 2.1mil area.

Some collectors feel that while the 1680 red may have introduced circa 1966 or so, known serial numbers by owners place the release date to the public in the 1969 range.

Never the less that appears to be in remakable condition with all the bits.
Mike - your input is always valuable, I appreciate it! This is a 2.2, I believe a 1969 as you stated. I hope I can negotiate with the seller for less than an arm & a leg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1 View Post
Wowsers Greg. If the price is good, snap that baby up. What a beauty. Good luck mate
I'm working on it my friend, I am working on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by multimedia View Post
That is one nice sub, that's for sure!

Cheers,
Joe
Thanks, Joe!

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote