View Single Post
Old 16 December 2006, 03:17 PM   #1
amanda
Banned

Size does matter....

I went into the AD the other day to lay down some more money on my Panerai... whilst I was there the little nagging voice in my brain that was going 'amanda amanda 44mm is huge, ask to see a 40mm PAM' actually came out my mouth to the Salesguy!.

So we chat about the PAM 49 and he has a sold one out the back but lets me have a look at it..... mmmmm bewdiful indeed but alas he cant get one now and has absolutely no idea when one would be sent to him. So I see the 40mm PAM241 in the display case..... please can I try that one on.

WOW bewdiful indeed, has the hobnail dial and the extra complications of the Power Reserve indicator, date and mini seconds dial. Instant love.. BUT wait its more money that I wanted to spend.

So I try the 111 on again and think yeh its all good. And leave the store....

But the voice doesnt shut up about the PAM 241... it fits me perfectly, is the one I really wanted but thought it was too $

So I sent my Salesguy an email yesterday asking if we can in fact swap my downpayment from the PAM111 to the PAM241, email yes - I was embarrassed to go in and ask him so a few hours later the salesguy rings and says 'amanda we can do that, my boss is good to go'

So I am now getting the PAM241. Should pick it up in the next few weeks.

I feel peace now, no more funny voices querying me about size!

Yes, I know the PAM111 is a more 'true' Panerai that has the essence of the history of the watch..... and if it was a second watch, I'd have gone for it but its going to be the only watch I have for some time. I think I'd prefer the Auto movement too in the long run.

Thanks for listening.......
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote