View Single Post
Old 30 November 2009, 11:11 AM   #12
Taffi Abernathy
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ, SS DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x

I remember having a Pelikan demonstrator cartridge pen and when I was 14 a kid at school borrowed it and maliciously destroyed the nib. Unfortunately, this left a very lasting impression of sadness upon me as the pen was my sisters, and I loved it. For many years I just lost interest in pens. I'll never forget seeing that nib on the Pelikan bent at right angles. Luck I didn't become very violent thinking back, I felt like really doing something serious.
Steve, it's understandable after this aversive experience how your interest in pens would be dampened to say the least. After all, we know how "kind" kids can be. While you'll probably always remember that incident, we are glad you rebounded with a contagious zeal for writing instruments. It comes across clearly in your posts. And not to worry, what goes around, comes around and who knows what kind of life that little juvenile delinquent went on to live? But of all the pens to destroy - a Pelikan demonstrator?! Ouch! The addition of this subforum was a wonderful idea. I have a feeling you'll be sharing many more of your acquisitions over time.