View Single Post
Old 7 December 2009, 10:26 AM   #184
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentine View Post
I have to ask you this. WHY? what aspects? considering its an 80's model...they are a bit more crude than current models...also the dial...not as clean as the newer dials...you OWN ONE SUB....how many 80's day-dates have you handled??? how many vintage serial numbers have you seen? also...most of the fakes...will have FLAT dials..there will be no beveled edge to the date or day window...his watch has theses features...another. the date font looks correct. as well as the magnification..the open 6 is correct. now...counterfeits then were not as good as they are NOW. and i must say....if you will have it...that most counterfeiters today are focused on CURRENT models and they are mass produced...so there is NO WAY you can say just by the photos...my tudor sub is a 1965...the serial no' and model number are not exactly centered...you gonna tell me mine is fake after it just got back from service??? and my uncles day-date..which is REAL...also an 80's model...when we took off the bracelet to clean it as I showed him how to really clean it well...there was build-up between where the lugs and bracelet met...looked like a bluish grey color..but washed away with the warm water.....i gotta be honest with you man...you are a new here...and you cant go and ask that someone introduce themselves immediately to a public forum..the question was valid..the photos were decent...and the OP should have been treated with a better response. this is a GOOD place...quit trying to be witty and if you have nothing to offer or any experience with the model..move along!!!!!!!!!!! and say nothing at all.

Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote