View Single Post
Old 1 January 2010, 03:26 AM   #64
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
I have had a couple done at my local AD Watchmaker. He is Rolex trained and contracted.. The results were as good as I have had from an RSC.. The only issue is that he doesn't give it back in a Rolex service box, and you don't get the little pouch. However, since the price is a basic flat-rate, it is the same as an RSC cost. So, you can see the work being done and it doesn't take as long...but you do miss some of the RSC experience..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. DiveWatch View Post
Great thread! How about this question....

What does everyone think about "Rolex certified" watchmakers at various upscale jewelery stores/Rolex dealers doing the service vs. sending it in to RSC for the maintenance?? Is there really such a thing? I would think it would be cheaper than sending to RSC (and perhaps quicker). I can't imagine parts being worn down & needing replaced on an every 5 year maintenance schedule. Perhaps sending to RSC for complete overhaul every 10-15 years, but have local certified watchmaker service it every 5 until then??

Anyone ever done that and been happy/satisfied knowing all Rolex parts and Rolex trained watchmaker. (I read the one post about the GMT2 maintenance at Ben Bridge and wondered).