View Single Post
Old 5 January 2010, 07:00 AM   #95
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont Miller II View Post
I couldn't be happier for you. I know I wouldn't have slept until the watch was successfully returned.
I am breathing easier today..... We need a 'wiping sweat off forehead' icon here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Great news, Pav. Nice to hear a watch dealer that stands behind their sale.
dP
Thanks Dan.... it's all about buying the seller first and then the watch. I did not ask the seller for reference directly but asked some collectors who dealt with him about their experiences. Overall, good responses. If I bought it off eBay from some unknown seller abroad I would be screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
Fantastic news! I am glad the dealer did what was right! Sorry I got a little steamed in my last post, but it is upsetting to know that someone who is less informed is going to end up with this piece. What is worse, is now the dealer knows what he has.
Scott
No worries Scott. This is the way I look at it.... I am into vintage collecting watches for their beauty, mechanical engineering, and history. Some people only admire a watch for its outward appearance and could care less if its real Rolex or not. This beautiful piece is for them. Like Steve M said... it's a rare piece of art. And remember, to date nothing is proven either way (though I am 100% convinced it is not Rolex).
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote