View Single Post
Old 10 January 2010, 12:26 PM   #137
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsWatch72 View Post
Quote: BUT I am NOT a vintage Rolex expect, nor will I EVER be."

I have read many/most of your posts and have learned much from you and your knowledge. From my perspective, you ARE an expert in these watches. Thats why it puzzled me how you bought it. For you to even go into the deal, I would have thought you were absolutely sure. It makes me think that if you can be fooled (and I hold your opinion/knowledge in high regard) that I could be very easily fooled then. Like you said, there is little information on these watches. The little there is, is surrounded by controversy. I was just trying to make sense of how it could happen to "ONKYO" of all people (since I consider you an expert). Also, your a guy that has rolled up his sleeves and earned everything you have, thats awsome. I am the same way. I earn everything I have also (minus my late fathers watch). I'm very glad that you received your money back for the watch. It appears that the trust in the sellers integrity was well spent.

The only thing I was saying about the money was, maybe your like Donald Trump rich and don't worry about risk. Hey, thats cool too.
Please do not hold me up to 'expert' status. I consider myself a 'learner' in the vintage world. Watches are a hobby of mine. I have no kids, no mansion on the hill, no butler, so I have to spend money on something... why not do it on something I love.

Let me tell you, I wish I was Donald Trump and could spend that kind of cash freely. It was a spur of the moment deal and meant to be my grail of 2010!
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote