View Single Post
Old 11 January 2010, 12:59 PM   #66
kle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat30093 View Post
Kle

May I respectfully suggest that you do some further research on the Patek Philippe brand?

If you do you will see that the 5070 was fitted with one on the most robust and beautiful movements in a chronograph ever created.
It was not an in house movement but was made by the famous "Lemania" brand.

The number of jewels fitted to a movement does not mean that it is a better or more complicated one.
In this day and age when manufacture's are working with silicon to help extend the wear and tear on a movement, you will find very few jewels.
In fact now a days a jewel may only be there to make the movemment more photogenic!!

The movement that is fitted to a Spring Drive is quite nice, but it can in NO way compare to the finish of movements that crafted to the degree that a Patek is.

This is just my humble opinion.
Thanks for your posting. I agree the PP is one of the most sought after brands in the world. It is really dependent on what you look for. The PP movement at the back is really stunning, I agree. Most believe that Swiss watches are the "gods" of watches. PP is smart in a way that they hand built very limited editions of their ranges. The limitedness plus the myth of Swiss watches thus making PP the most sought after. Quality, theoretically, it "must" be there if you pay that much of money. But???? Is it always the case? However you cannot really cross out the GS. Just a thought. Cheers.
kle is offline   Reply With Quote