View Single Post
Old 12 January 2010, 05:44 AM   #85
DadsWatch72
Banned

Watch: DRSD 1665 #3551XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post
DW, there is an exception to everything. Nothing is 100% with Rolex (or in life). In general, Rolex USA will NOT service these vintage piece. If someone asked me today 'does Rolex USA service vintage pieces'.. my answer answer is 'no' and I would be correct 99% of the time. I was not sure about Rolex AUS but I guess they follow the footsteps of the USA (unfortunately).

The benefit of getting Rolex to service his watch is proving to a potential buyer that this is the real deal. Abi already knows its real since he bought it new.
I tend to agree that getting Rolex to service a watch of this age is a "slippery slope" to say the least. I think (not certain) that the chances/percentages for having them service a watch goes from 1% to a much higher percentage IF the watch was never sold in the aftermarket. For example, my watch was never "sold" to anyone but the original owner. I think this is a hugh factor. If he can establish his was never sold to anyone and that he is the original owner, it will definately increase his chances right off the start. Its not the only thing they will take into account, but its a start. You never know until you try.