View Single Post
Old 2 February 2010, 07:05 PM   #68
Jack Sparrow

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
all right! a dude who owns both...like me. you're right. this kind of argument could go on and on without end. but, i will tell you this. in comparing the two, i don't even consider price/value ratio.... or history.

just my perception of their quality ( from bracelet, clasp, casework/finishing, lume, bezel feel, timekeeping, movement, legibility, ruggedness, fitment of parts, and the like) and aesthetics.
It really could go on forever!
To the PO's credit, I do prefer it's bezel feel over the Sub's, I can't deny that. I also think, like many others, that the traditional oyster clasp feels a little "tinny".
But I think that those things will both be rectified when the new model Sub is released, and hopefully that's something we'll see at Basel this year.
The new clasp style Rolex has been using is awesome, and I don't think that anyone can say that the glidelock is anything less than amazing and innovative.
My next purchase (soon! ) is going to be a SDDS, and the idea of finally being able to micro adjust my bracelet on-the-fly is super exciting.
Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote