View Single Post
Old 13 February 2010, 02:34 AM   #97
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
I have personally seen perfect fakes of DRs, COMEXes, etc... There is a place in Arizona... can't place the name that will take legit cases, shave serial numbers and restamp them... they will also take Valjoux movements from other watches and convert them to Newman Daytona's complete with perfect bridges. Folks here probably know who it is.

It is very scary out there. Sometimes I get criticized why I like Bonhams or Christies but the truth is these large auction houses do a ton of due diligence on the items they represent and sell. Likewise, I have learned which AD is good and now learning which TRF guys are good. I just did a trade for PAM 279 w Alex Collector.

White EII faces are treated w/ lamps to make them a perfect cream and jack up the value to $17,000 - $20,000... numbers will be shaved and restamped, bezels changes. All sorts of craziness but the incentive to forge is HUGE and profitable.

So the Reagan adage does not apply. It's not trust but verify. It's verify and then trust.
Don't know , but you seem to have a fetishist tendency close to obsession towards fake watches . Not sure this is the right forum for you .