View Single Post
Old 18 February 2010, 01:11 AM   #11
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly56 View Post
Greg,

I guess the ChronoMatic 49 is a nice watch, but if I were to consider a Breitling it would have to be the Navitimer on a SS bracelet.
Technically, it is a Navitimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewithabob View Post
I think people who seek 49mm size want a more showy wrist presence and the rubber mallet wrapped around the dial is a dreary and boring design element against the complexity of the Breitling dial; the rubber or steel strap options are also a downer too, which is why these are require huge discount to move. Dead stock is the bane of retail, and these are like coal in a Christmas stocking- taking up badly needed retail space and capital that can be used to do other things.
Yikes... Tell me how you really feel

Sadly - that has been the case with most Breitlings as of lately... Seems like they started making 'too many'. There almost is no model older than 1 year old (meaning, none that have debuted in the last year) that cannot be attained at a significant discount, excluding the B01 and SuperOcean Heritage, maybe. The ChronoMatic in person is a stunner, I just think that the pics make it seem a bit plastic. I, for one, plan on keeping one of them, as it really DOES look good in person. Either the bronze or the white dial - both are very cool looking. So is the black, but my DeepSea has that covered.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote