View Single Post
Old 8 March 2010, 05:24 AM   #17
argee1977
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAMD11 View Post
Breget is excellent definitely can be part of the trinity and should be added as one of teh top 4. Thanks for the input guys appreciate your comments. I decided to get the AP RO as the one that I posted the link on. I just really like the look of the AP RO series, not to mention that it has a blue dial.

The 'Holy' Trinity of watchmakers is AP, PP and VC. The reason for this is that at the time of this 'trinity' Breguet were basically just a name being put on watches, they had no real link with their history, were owned by a company that had no real tie in to the history and so on.

It's not really to do with the quality, because at that time Breguet weren't really in that class, now they are, mainly because Swatch (who own them now) used their heritage and name to produce very high end watches. It's the same nowadays with VC, they are owned by Richemont, but it has been uninterupted, unlike Breguet's history.

On a side note, there are countless watchmakers who produce quality that to me is just as good as the big three, you just need to look at the likes of Parmigiani, Lange & Sohn, Harry Winston, Urwerk and a host of others to see that, in real terms the 'big three' is just a throw back to the last century, when the mechanical watchmakers were all but decimated due to the quartz revolution.

PANERAI, MORE THAN A WATCH, LESS THAN A KITKAT
argee1977 is offline   Reply With Quote