View Single Post
Old 8 March 2010, 03:58 PM   #70
Atl

Watch: GMT II, new Subbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone View Post
To add to the fire, I have used RSCs in the past. The work was done as requested but there was nothing earth shaking or life changing using RSC over a private source.
When calling the RSC it is a 50/50 shot on getting a person on the other end of the line who may listen to your question, or even want to transfer you to a person who can answer basic questions (not what is wrong with my watch questions). I am of the view the typical RSC contact, will say what ever it takes to get you to blindly send in your watch (I would take a pleasure trip to hell before using the NY RSC). Rolex is not so big that they can not give the same level of basic customer service one would expect when buying coffee at 7-11. We pay big $$$ for Rolex good customer serive should be expected.

When going to a watch smith, I usually save three to four times what the RSC wants, the parts are always in stock, I have never waited longer than two days for the return of my watch. So unless your Rolex is less than two years old why wold you ever use a RSC?

Don't be conditioned by Rolex their RSCs are your only serivce choice. RSC are not better than other options you have ask questions look around and find someone in your area. I have read many posts on this forum about members returning thier Rolex watches two times (or more) to get the RSC to do the job correctly.
You say you save three to four times what Rolex charges? So you get a full service, polish, warranty, all for about $150.00??? Assuming you are using the the price I just paid Dallas RSC for a full service, $575.00. Who exactly do you use to fully service a Rolex for so little? I would be terrified to even let them look at my watch, much less service it. You get what you pay for in the end. I am assuming you were kidding.

As for NY RSC's customer service, I agree, they never get my business, but Dallas is great!
Atl is offline   Reply With Quote