View Single Post
Old 15 March 2010, 03:17 PM   #159
warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Nice sub! As i wrote above, i much prefer my PO to the sub i just sold, though.

there is something to be said for the classic design of the sub, of course. but in the end, IMO, it's irrelevant whether or not Omega changes their designs. As long as the design for that particular watch is timeless, that's all that matters to me. And most all Omegas have timeless and stylish designs. So, in the end, it comes down to which one you like. More variety...so there's more options to choose which particular one suits you the best. Nothing wrong with that.

And , the color orange option is there for a reason. It's a color commonly used for dive watches because orange has been known to have greater staying power (i.e. legibility ) in the water.

the doxa sub, one of the most iconic dive watches, is famous for being orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelshocker View Post
Very interesting thread. I'm toying with the idea of adding a Seamaster. I don't think I'm downgrading from a Submariner (which I will NOT sell), but when Omega keeps changing their designs you start to think when will they make their minds up. The wind blows left and they come up with oversized watches, the wind blow right and they add orange. I wanted to add the swordhands Seamaster but Omega has since 'upgraded' it. So even Omega felt compelled to 'upgrade' its Seamaster - again. Nuff said.

The Submariner design has stood the test of time pretty much since Day One. IMHO the Rolex Submariner is the benchmark to which all divers are measured. Value is subjective, especially when you can buy a workhorse diver in the Seiko SKX007.

Cheers,
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote