Thread: Waterman Edson
View Single Post
Old 19 March 2010, 12:40 AM   #10
JBat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16610, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy View Post
Hi John. I am actually a friend of Glenns as we both attend the same pen club here in Vancouver!

I think it is safe to say that these are his favorite pens of all of the ones he has.. And he has some very fine pens! They get daily use and I have written with his and they have stunning nibs! The broad lays down a nice wet juicy line and is as smooth as silk but still has feel when writing. They are heavier pens as they are of metal construction and the lacquer has a translucence that allows the metal underneath to show through giving an almost holographic effect.

They are one of the best pens I have written with and I know I shall have one one day. Supurbe build quality as well!

All three colours are beautiful but the blue especially so, it is like looking at a deep blue sapphire!
Hope that helps!
Ian, thanks! Great info. I found Glenn's page just a few days ago, and it's really been feeding my burgeoning FP habit. He has a lot of great and informative articles posted, and I also took his advice on inks and ordered a couple of bottles of Aurora, in blue and black. I live in the NW, so his info on stores in the area also caught my eye.

I hadn't realized the depth of the FP community, and there's a lot of enthusiasts out there, and that's good to see. The Edson's are spectacular and I'll be nabbing one at some point.

Thanks for the input!
JBat is offline   Reply With Quote