View Single Post
Old 27 March 2010, 03:57 PM   #76
rustyh2o
"TRF" Member

I have been tracking the argument between the PO and Submariner and must say there is merit to both sides. I have owned a Submariner and liked it very much but traded it in for the new DeepSea thinking it was the panacea of large tool watches.

It didn't take long before this tall chunk of metal with the thin bracelet just felt unbalanced. I then flipped the DSSD for a GMT TT IIC as I travel a great deal. Although this is an awesome watch, the bling of the gold was something with which I never got comfortable.

I just picked up a 45.5 black bezel PO today and have to say it is awesome on my wrist. It sits perfectly and the size is in good proportion to my wrist (8.25" wrist). I was stuck on Rolex because of the brand and came to realize it was wearing the Rolex brand that was the appeal. When I truly looked at what I liked, the PO was a hands down winner.

I still have the GMT but will probably sell it at some point when it is near breakeven. I am very happy with the looks and feel of the PO. It may not be a Rolex but I like it!
rustyh2o is offline   Reply With Quote