View Single Post
Old 5 April 2010, 04:16 AM   #55
hhh007
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078
<<< The same people that pay over $1,000,000.00 for a small one-bedroom apartment, $400 for a steak dinner, $15 for a movie...etc.
There is a lot of money in New York City and if someone wants it bad enough, the extra money is nothing, some of the folks in NYC make that money in minutes. I don't like Tourneu that much but they know what they are doing, their clientele and how much they will pay. I have told the story when I was looking at the GV Milgaus and before I could even put it back on the tray to "decide" someone came in asked for "that green Rolex" and had the credit card on the counter.

There is no need to laugh at her, just walk out and don't buy it. I will bet that it is gone tomorrow or the next day...also, that is their asking price, if you were serious about it and offered a reasonable amount, I am sure they would have negotiated. But telling her how wrong she is, likely not the best way to get a discount - neither is pointing out how much over retail it was.

Just curious for all the people that love to do that to Rolex dealers, do you go to the local Chevrolet dealer each Saturday and point out that they are charging a premium, above sticker for the new Camaro because they are the new "it" car?! >>>

I don't think comparing the OP's price quote at that store with the price of a new Camaro or a flat in NYC or dinner at an expensive restaurant is entirely fair because in those other instances those are the known "going rates" or market prices that people are typically aware of going in and expect to pay, whereas the price of that Daytona was well above the current market price and not in line with other similar establishments selling the same exact item.
hhh007 is offline   Reply With Quote