View Single Post
Old 5 April 2010, 05:29 AM   #59
PeteNYC13
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
[QUOTE=hhh007;1768174

I don't think comparing the OP's price quote at that store with the price of a new Camaro or a flat in NYC or dinner at an expensive restaurant is entirely fair because in those other instances those are the known "going rates" or market prices that people are typically aware of going in and expect to pay, whereas the price of that Daytona was well above the current market price and not in line with other similar establishments selling the same exact item.[/QUOTE]

__________________________________________________ ______________

Why isn't it fair, a one bedroom apartment in Virginia is lower than a one bedroom in New York City.

The price/value of anything is only what people are willing to pay. I will say it again, do you think Torneu became so big and so "hated" because they are not smart business people. If the SS Daytona sits in the store for over a week, they will lower the price. I promise you that there is a manager of the Torneu that know that over 100 people will come in on a good day and ask for the SS Daytona - one of them will be excited to finally get it, throw down a Credit Card and walk out with it.

There is no "value" of a Rolex beyond the material it's made from (which again, if people stopped buying precious metals, the market and value would drop) and the percieved value people will pay for it.

I guess for all those that bash Torneu or any business for asking more than you think it's worth, you don't expect your AD or any business to lower the price either?! Did you pay sticker for your last car? Did you not negotiate when buying your house? I mean after all, that is the value - no?

Do I get a prize for using the most words on a thread?!

-Pete
SS Black Dial Daytona M116520
SS Explorer II D16570
PeteNYC13 is offline   Reply With Quote