View Single Post
Old 19 April 2010, 12:16 PM   #10
Mike B
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Omega SMP
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesallie View Post
Hey Guys:

1. What date are we getting together for Rolex Forums? I would think Friday??
Maybe Thursday night drinkie poohs, and Friday look at the exhibits, maybe go over to the Watch & Clock Museum in the a.m.? I will call the Exec. Director, once I know is it Friday a.m., or Sat. a.m.?______________________

2. Motels:
1.Holiday Inn 2000 Loucks road Nearest...to Toyota Center/York Fairgrounds in West York, where NAWCC National is being held. It's 'ok', but nothing to write home about, but a very short drive(10 minutes). Tel 717-755-1966. Not my recommendation, but it is close and convenient.
Room cost is likely to be around $100.00 per night.

2. Country Inn & Suites..not that close, but about 20 minute ride, just off Route I-83
and would be my pick. 245 St. Charles Way, 717-747-5833. My guess is also around $100.00 per night.

3. The Yorktowne Hotel...downtown York, 717-848-1111. Not too far(aboutr 15 minutes), re-modeled, and within walking distance of historic york spots(Lafayette House, Colonial Courthouse) and restaurants(some pretty good ones, too). Downside, is after dark it adjoins some tough neighborhoods. So you need to stay within a confined zone, not unlike many other center cities. Has nice dining facilities. Rooms, maybe $85.00 per night.

There are other spots, mainly along Rte 83, and if you want a B&B, let me know, and I'll inquire.

Best,
Dan

Dan !!! Great to hear from you my friend !! Thanks for the hotel suggestions Now we have we have to decide which one lol
Fred, we were also planning on leaving on the Wed. 16th (around 3PM, so we should get there by 9-10PM ish), and staying until Saturday morning.
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote