View Single Post
Old 23 April 2010, 02:07 PM   #88
Dr. Robert
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
I just got my GMTII back from service today. I sent it through my AD seven weeks ago. They said it would take 6-8 weeks. Two weeks later I got a call and was told the estimate for the service and regulating would be $585.00. I reminded them the watch was still under factory warranty and they had the warranty card when I brought the watch in.

The watch is my favorite, but it has not kept time that well. I have a nice collection of watches, and this is the only one that has problems with accuracy. It has gotten worse over time. In any case, I took it to be serviced through the RSC because it was still under warranty.

I have read in the book that came with the watch that they do certain things in servicing the watch. I was excited to see Rolex do the work because I knew it would come back running good, and looking as close to new as a used watch can. I have worn it a lot, but it is not in bad shape, just surface scratches. It is a two tone and still in reasonably good shape.

I was called today telling me it was back and ready. I was so excited to get it back. I arrived at the AD to get it and it was in a green bag with a micro fiber cleaning cloth and a box with the receipt (free) for the work done. She pulled the watch out of the bag, and then handed it to me. The first thing I noticed was that it was dirtier than when I left it with the AD. The case has a film over it that I will have to clean. They did not buff anything and all the scratches are still on the bracelet and some new ones on the case back that were not there when the watch was delivered to the AD for mailing to the RSC.

I am very disappointed. I love my watch, and my Submariner runs flawlessly as does my wife's Date Just. However, the service was far from being up to par and I am left with a really bad taste in my mouth concerning Rolex.

I have 2 Breitlings. one needed a minor service and was returned to the AD for shipment to Breitling. It came back in 3 weeks completely serviced, even though I had not asked for that, the problem corrected, and fully reconditioned. It looked brand spanking new. It came with my papers returned, in a very cool shipping bag, and a micro fiber cloth. They did an incredible job and I am more than pleased. Maybe Rolex could learn a bit from them.

I still love my Rolex's, and my GMT is still my favorite, but I am very unhappy with the work performed. If they make it run properly I will be happy enough, but I worry about the quality of the inside work when they don't deliver on the little things. To compound the issue, they make it very hard to contact anyone at Rolex to inquire about the issues. I realize I am venting and I appreciate the opportunity.
That's not good! Have you thought of mailing a letter to Rolex HQ in NYC...send it registered.....maybe that'll get thru to someone?
Dr. Robert is offline   Reply With Quote