View Single Post
Old 2 August 2010, 10:11 AM   #78
LordNinja
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610,116233,OsQz
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesallie View Post
Of course, the displayed patek chronograph is beautiful. first, i'm not a great fans of chronographs. but let's talk calatreva, with a sweep hand(i think last year was last time they will manufacture the calatreva with a sweep hand....for the privilege of that sweep hand, costs about $16,000.00, as opposed to the calatreva without which(was) about $12,000 or $14,000.00)...so, let's ask this question? if you want a repair on a patek where do you go? who repairs em outside switzerland? how do they stand up to shock, water, temperature variations? i guess some of their movements are curved which is a real feat, and makes them instant collectables....but some of the watches in the $70K range are just downright ugly. so yeah, i'd like a calatreva with a sweep hand, but all in all, i prefer rolex because they do withstand a beating, hold their value, are readily repaired, and they do withstand all kinds of temperature variations and water exposures....so give me rolex.
Reminds me of the 27,000 dollar tire change after a flat on a certain car make a friend was just telling me about... Good questions, I wonder what the services cost relative to my Rolex..
LordNinja is offline   Reply With Quote