View Single Post
Old 9 August 2010, 05:59 PM   #44
Watchman1957
Banned

Watch: 201/A 202/A PreA9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysol View Post
Agree about the grin factor...none of these watches are necessary....they are all personal taste purchases. This watch makes me grin and as a collector...those moments are the essence of luxury items.

The watch has a really awesome presence in person and I think that it will be much more appreciated down the road. I remember the 127 was "too big" and "too expensive" and the "ridiculous domed crystal"...but the watch is a highly sought after model in the Panerai world...because of the very differences that people originally criticized.

Anything groundbreaking...like the PAM 341....will stir emotions since it is so different....some good...some bad.

Tommy, It is interesting that you mention the 127 which has been selling for appx. 21k to 22k USD but now the bottom has fallen out so hard for the 127 and others that you could fall from California to China in this drop. Which tells me the only thing these kinds of models is good for is flipping as real knowledgable collectors will only spend on hopes prices will increase and hold that increase and continue to incease as their collection get's older (which in most cases they do) but these prices now are coming back down thus the short term price increases are only good for flippers and not collectors. Which as well was point about the recently newly released 26 and the 28 but you failed to pickup on this in your reply.

There was a 127 for sale not too long ago for 12,600 USD, of course the 127 had no box or papers but these prices are falling to the point where it begs to ask, what too buy as a collector? Because I thought collectors of luxurious items collected for the prices to increase?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...++%28B.7924%29

Here Tommy is the biggest surprise, a 317, Panerai Richemont has said they will never make another watch like this again due to problems they had in making the movement in this model and this has sold for 30K+ USD for the past year and now priced at 25K USD.....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...+%28pam1000%29

Any collector of modern day Panerais would have to worry if this trend continues.
Watchman1957 is offline   Reply With Quote