View Single Post
Old 29 March 2007, 03:06 PM   #31
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
Also, JJ, the Leopard Daytona is just not popular genuine. It is a monstrosity. Also, there was a time when TT Blue subs were looked at as gaudy unpopular versions of a classic sport Rolex. Its just preference today, but that lady DJ simply has an aftermarket bezel that makes it look gaudy, but it looks genuine to me. JJ, i think the attention and great photography from you has given the TT Sub some credibility. Personally, I like the Seadweller much better. I just don't care for yellow gold on a rugged classic sport watch like a Sub.
Thanks, Mikey, but I'm pretty sure that pimped up Rolex which is the main subject of this thread, is a fake. Even the worst after market bezel can't be that bad!!!

As for the TT Blue Sub....it's always been a very popular model....even in the old days when the BLACK was actually more popular than the BLUE. But the TT Subs have always been popular.

The Leopard Daytona, in all fairness, is being totally marred by that spotted dial and the stupid strap.

Lose the dial....replace it with a nice ivory dial. Lose that ugly strap and replace it with a solid gold original Daytona bracelet.....and I think we will have a winner.....bling-bling all the way.....but a WINNER nevertheless.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote