View Single Post
Old 18 August 2010, 06:06 AM   #5
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karinc View Post
Thanks for the information guys!

So I AM able to request for parts to be kept original? Unfortunately in Sydney there is no Rolex store and I took the watch to the Hour Glass who are authorized Rolex dealers to send the watch to RSC to have the watch serviced. They have promised me that Rolex will only replace the dial with another that is EXACTLY the same and all parts will only be replaced by a part that is EXACTLY the same. Which makes me believe that they don't really know what they're talking about. Especially since you've just told me that Rolex no longer make the matte dials.

So my next question is: Can I request to have the watch repaired with new parts but still keep all my original parts that have come off the watch?

I considered buying the parts on ebay but unfortunately I'm such a newb with watches that buying the correct parts to repair the Rolex and then having to send it to a trustworthy watchmaker will be soo over whelming for me at this point. With RSC at least I'll know they know what they're doing.
Each country seems to have different RSC rules. Sometimes you can request that RSC keep dials, hands, etc as is. Sometimes RSC says they need to be replaced during service. This could effect vintage value. Rarely, if ever, do they return old parts.
I would suggest looking for a watchmaker w/ a Rolex parts account. They will be much more accommodating to your needs.
Good luck,
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote