View Single Post
Old 21 August 2010, 11:15 AM   #69
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgoose1 View Post
No one knows what the percentages are except Rolex, and they ain't saying. It's greater than 1% guaranteed.
If it's any help, of the ceramic bezeled watches that my place of work has sold since they were introduced in 2005, not one has had a problem with the bezel. Neither have we taken in one we haven't sold to send back to Rolex. It isn't the world's biggest AD, but we've had a very steady turnover on ceramic GMT IIs and Subs, not a problem so far.

I've already said this, but I'll reiterate it - of the thousands of ceramic bezeled watches that are in circulation, there have only been 3 or 4 confirmed cases. This is perhaps a good example of the internet blowing things out of proportion - the world seems very small through a computer screen. You also have to take into account that people are more likely to post about their watch if it has a serious problem than if it's absolutely fine - you don't get any posts on here, for example, saying that the bezel is perfect, it goes without saying.

Once again, to sum up, it's a storm in a teacup. Quite frankly, if there was a serious problem, then Rolex would have recalled them. I'm perfectly happy with the new ceramic bezels, for me, this whole business is a non-issue that's been completely blown out of proportion.

The GMT Master is offline   Reply With Quote