View Single Post
Old 23 August 2010, 12:32 PM   #105
Zarif
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona White Dial
dear friends,
My name is Marco and I'm from Brazil. I have followed the forum frequently,
I am a collector of watches and I love the brand Rolex, I have a LV, a 1996 Daytona white dial, a GMT Master II Ceramic, Cellini one I inherited from my father and a Datejust that I gave to my wife.
I was thinking of buying another watch, because this year my first daughter was born, so I wanted to "mark" the date.
My doubts about the fall following models: II Datejust, Explorer, GMT Pepsi (used) or a milgauss.
I need to be very frank with you, I never even thought about buying a Sea-Dweller, as I have a Sub LV, I think both very similar.
Well, after this short introduction, you probably imagine the end of this story.
Yesterday I went to an auction of jewelry and watches here in my city.
In the auction catalog, I saw a Bulgari Scuba and went to try to buy it.
I saw when I got a window with several Rolex and stopped to admire them ... Then it happened !!!!!!
I saw a brand new Sea-Dweller, with box, papers, etc, etc, etc, everything. still had the plastics in the case, the person who bought it never used ...
At that point I asked the salesman to show me this watch, but just out of curiosity, since it had stopped making and I've never held one in my hands ...
I looked and I sit in my place, because the auction was already beginning ... clock goes, come watch, jewels go, jewelry comes ... Until the Sea-Dweller comes on auction ... a person strart bidding, another at the end of the room, another bid, the auctioneer asks the first if you want to increase the value he gives up, turns to the second and says: "For now the rolex is your" Nobody else? "Asked the auctioneer,
I give you one, I give you two and I give you ............
Before his talk "I give you three", I saw my hand up and I increase the bid amount! It was a strange force that made me do it! As I said before, I had never even thought about having a Sea-Dweller ...
The guy who was winning the bid looks at me with anger and say something that i does not listen but I realize he did not like ... With a gesture with his hand shows that he no longer wants the watch!
The auctioneer looks at me and tells me to watch this with you if nobody else throws it is yours!
Well dear friends!
Today I am the happy owner of a Sea-Dweller,
I'm thinking of putting a bracelet "nato" (or similar) what you told me about it?
One thing I found odd, M is the serial, but did not come with the numbering written on the dial, is this normal? I ask this, because my LV is also M Serial and has the inscription on the dial.
Another thing that caught my attention is that the certificate (plastic card) is blank, is this normal? I'm sure the rolex is real because this auction house is well respected and they have a partnership with the rolex here that fixes the rolies for them.
Irei providenciar algumas fotos e logo as.
I'll provide some pictures and soon.
Know that it is a great pleasure to be part of this world by aficionados rolex's and now for SEA-DWELLER!!
TKS MARCO
Zarif is offline   Reply With Quote