View Single Post
Old 26 August 2010, 03:41 AM   #146
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
I beg to differ. Scammers do this all the time, maybe just not here on TRF.

Here's a perfect example of the same amount;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Submariner...t=Wristwatches

Not necessarily. Here's a potential case of a member being scammed out of $2800. $2800, $4000 or $10. It's all a lot of money to me if I worked for it.

Or by you saying "in this case", leads someone to beleive you might have kowledge of this type of behavior before. Maybe not.

Exactly. Now it's all up to Tristan and the only thing is for him to make it right...today
I agree, but that ebay example is kinda not the same thing we're talking about. This is a guy who has established himself here on TRF, had provided countless hours of his time uncovering scams on eBay and has even went so far as have people over his house, meet the wife and kids and publish his address! Now, don't misinterpret my words, I'm not sticking up for anyone, if I had to stick up for someone it would be Steveo because he's out the money for the time being, I'm just saying that this doesn't appear to me to be a scam, but I may be wrong, let's just hope I am. If this were some run of the mill tosser. BTW mod or no mod, I am very offended by you insinuating that I may have knowledge of this type of behavior, I am using deduction, nothing more, so for you to say what you are saying is not only offensive but downright rude, being a mod does not give you the right to accuse me of criminal behavior.