View Single Post
Old 28 August 2010, 07:03 AM   #2
Subexplorer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Hello William!!
Welcome to TRF, and wish you to enjoy it so much.
I suggest you to introduce yourself to the Forum, in the corresponding section, so youŽll be known by other members.

I agree with you that the blue color and sundburts effect of the 16613 dial is awesome and unique.
As a matter of fact, I bought one brand new copy at beginning of this year at my favorite local AD, as it was the last one available there, and the model is no longer in production.
I donŽt like the new blue of the present model Sub, and prefer the old deep blue of 16613.

In theroy, the blue dial is always same color, but in practice, several slight differences are detected from batch to batch

Some time ago, here at TRF there was a survey of this matter, though of course it is very difficult to get the true color of a dial, in a picture, due to lightning differences, light balance, camera brand, etc.

Anyway, you might be interested in reading and watching so many contributions of members of this Forum.
See at:
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=48252

By the way, here is mine:

Hope this information helps you, and I hope to see the pciture of your own watch soon!
Cordial regards, Abel.

50 Years of ROLEX Passion!
Grail Rolex: 5508 c. 1959 "Bond" Sub.
Subexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote