Thread: China editions
View Single Post
Old 2 September 2010, 01:24 AM   #108
multimedia
"TRF" Member

Yeah, what can one say. This was indeed one of the worst PR-events I have ever attend... What where they thinking? No new models, not even the SE-Asia models that we have covered so much in this thread.

It felt like once we got to the shop, we went in for a while to have a look around - and since there was nothing special to look at, we ended up standing and talking for an hour outside the shop instead.

I mean come on! And once we got the chance to go "upstairs" - when I think all of us was expecting to see at least a few of the SE-models, it was nothing there either, except from some sort of corridor showing the history of Panerai... Don't know what to say really about all this, except that it was really REALLY nice to meet up with the other guys! We had a fantastic time, even if the event was terrible, and I'm really looking forward to the next GTG.

Here are a few pics. Sorry about the bad quality...

First Shanghai GTG = first picture taken.
From left; Kevin, Cliff, Lee, Anthony and Joe

Asia Pacific CEO

Inside shots

Entrance to the "history corridor"

Lee getting ready to fire of a few pics...

The so called "history corridor"...

Maybe if Sly would have turned up, I could have given them a D+. But that's a big maybe.

Only interesting watch this evening (at least for me) and sorry, the front shot turned out really bad, so no point in showing it here I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, we lost Kevin on this one...

Cheers,
Joe