View Single Post
Old 2 November 2010, 08:14 AM   #30
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
It is very important to give it time to properly heal after the operation. Recovery period is just as important as the operation itself.
Do that and it will all be good
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfknauss View Post
Ken, my best wishes for you ...... hope all goes well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
My brother had very similar surgery two discs and it was totally successful. He had the left side numbness to the extent that he was occasionally unable to walk. The recovery took a while but now he is back to doing what he wants to do including bouncing his boat from wave to wave. Good luck !
Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2 View Post
I had it done, Ken. Recovery was a bit slow, but overall I'm glad I did it. I now run at least 3 days a week, which I never thought I would do again. The only thing I would say is see about getting physical therapy, Rolfing, or some type of therapy that keeps your vertebrae above and below the fusion as mobile as possible. Because of the immobility due to the titanium plate fixing two previously moving vertebrae, it is easy for other parts of your spine to become stiff. Ongoing neuropathy can be a problem for some, but as my MD said as well, the success rate is generally excellent for the lower cervical vertebrae.

Best of luck with it!

Thanks guys!!! Definitely gonna take the time and do PT to recover!!! I have always been athletic and active--so it is a bit rough. As for working out and giving up my favorite hobby-BJJ--Brazilian Jiu Jitsu--that stinks! Oh well...Life goes on.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote