View Single Post
Old 7 December 2010, 03:49 AM   #39
Subfiend
"TRF" Member

Watch: Isn't it obvious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaddleSC View Post
I wear my Sea Dweller 16600 on NATO quite frequently for the the following reasons:
1) For underwater activities, it is more secure because it can survive one springbar failure and will not result in loss of the watch head.
2) It is more comfortable to use at the office because I am not constantly banging the bracelet into the wrist rest on my laptop or the desk.
3) I find it to be more comfortable and quickly adjustable on the wrist.
4) I like being able to change the look of the watch quickly/cheaply and I have enough straps that I can match them to what I am wearing.
5) I think NATO straps look pretty darn cool.
6) I think it is great way to personalize the watch and add your own unique touch. (I have gotten comments on my SD on numerous occasions from other WIS when the watch is on NATO simply because it is different than what most people are accustomed to seeing).
7) Did I mention that it looks cool?
All of these reasons, but mainly because NATO bands are more practical, more comfortable and safer than vintage Rolex bracelets. IMHO, until this new design came out, the clasp on the Rolex divers was awful. I own several and I have almost lost my watches on several occasions when the clasp popped open upon entering the water. I also get bored with seeing the same steel bracelet on all of my divers, so having several NATOs allows me to mix and match.