View Single Post
Old 19 December 2010, 02:47 AM   #14
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby-villian View Post
I am also turned off by the ROO movement and, from what I hear, the uncomfortable and therefore, poorly engineered clasp. The ROC at least has a respected movement I can appreciate. Here is a very informative article on the c. 2385 used in the ROC, link courtesy of boa2 via timezone.

http://www.timezone.com/library/horo...72754676986923

I am spending more and more time perusing the TZ AP board as I am being drawn into the brand. Kudos to boa2 for his time.

The ROC is also more of a Rolex kind of guy's watch, not too big, functional.... I love the angular crispness of the ROC on bracelet. It's a shame the clasp is not the most comfortable on a small wrist.
I hesitate to call the ROO clasp 'poorly engineered'. I do think that if someone with a 6 inch wrist wants to wear a fairly thick, 42mm watch on a very stiff hornback strap, they may find it uncomfortable in its stock format...especially at first. They have the option of swapping strap ends, going to a more pliable strap, or changing the deployant for a tang buckle. All of these are workable solutions for a watch that like any, won't fit every wrist right off the shelf, so to speak.

I'm not sure if you've tried the ROC, but it often fits well for people with smaller wrists if their wrists are flatter, as opposed to rounded. I find it to be a very comfortable watch. The clasp is, of course, a bit different than that found on the ROO, which again will feel different depending upon whether you are wearing either watch on a bracelet or a strap. As with any watch (or shoes, car seat, etc.), comfort is governed by personal preferences/physical shape/size/etc. Some prefer a single deployant, others a double, others none at all. Always so many options.

Thank you very much for the kind comments.