View Single Post
Old 4 January 2011, 08:45 AM   #99
vitix
Banned

Watch: magneeleVE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 457689 View Post
In reading through this thread, I can't help but notice all the "Rolex sightings" from major films and assorted television programs.

Here the bad news folks:

I've worked in the field of TV and movies and commercials for close to 25 years. I do the lighting. I've worked on huge 200 million dollar films, and many popular TV shows and big commercials. I've also been a WIS for about the last 15 years. On all these projects I've worked on I've gotten to know a lot of prop masters who are in charge of, well, props, like jewelry and watches a fictional character may wear.

And is every case I've personally experienced of someone in a fictional program wearing a Rolex, it's a fake Rolex. I'm sorry. I really am. Now I'm sure there are times when a Rolex watch is a featured element of a scene (a "hero prop") and it's real, but in every instance I've personally encountered on set where someone is wearing a Rolex in a film/tv show and it's just background and the Rolex watch doesn't advance the story forward, it's a fake Rolex.

When I ask property masters about this, they all say the same thing: "I don't have time or budget to watch a real thousand dollar watch like a hawk when a 100$ fake will do."
you just broke my heart
vitix is offline   Reply With Quote