View Single Post
Old 29 January 2011, 03:15 AM   #45
tfduff723
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega 4 Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post
What's in it for some of these guys though? The regular sellers on here who have great reps and are constantly selling watches for good prices? How do they turn a profit? Do they just have THAT good of a connection with an AD to where they can acquire things for lower prices?
I have to admit I have often wondered this myself.

I am not trying to start a fire here but... I also wonder how non ADs continually come across brand spanking new Rolexes that are still wrapped in the box with stickers, open warranty cards, etc....?

Contrary to many reported experiences I have a pretty good relationship with an AD. It a jeweler that my wife & I have a long history with beyond just watches (ie engagement ring, etc...) Anyway, as a result I have learned a bit over the years about Rolex policies. As far as I know an AD would lose their license if they were caught selling inventory to a non retail customer. Part of the buying process includes the AD filling out your warranty card. That is done so that the buyer is covered but it also provides the AD proof of retail sale if it is ever needed.

So what channels are these brand new watches coming through? Again, I am not challenging anyone's integrity here just seeking to understand.

Of course this post will probably get flamed
tfduff723 is offline   Reply With Quote