View Single Post
Old 2 March 2011, 11:36 PM   #69
sausage
"TRF" Member

First post for me.

Pete. You echo my sentiments. I sat along time in the shop looking at the new green sub, a second hand pepsi GMT-Master, and the new GMT ii C - a black sub was on order for me and deposit paid.
I walked away with the GMT ii C, and later that night, in fear and horror, I took it off and placed it on the coffee table in front of me, eyeing it with suspicion. Day two, I tried it on my right wrist, and saw a different perspective. Day 2/3 onwards and I cant take my eyes of it. It took some time to come around to the new shape, and the bling factor, but I certainly am v happy with it. For me, the comparison side by side with the older GMT (which is the watch I thought I really wanted), left no question.
I think the bling factor is something I see more in the mirror reflection of the watch, than the way it really looks. The reflection in the mirror somehow seems to catch all the sparkly bits.

I believe that the things we love the qiuckest, will fade the quickest. Music, films, people, and instant bond, or liking of something often fades faster than a love that grows over a longer period. (Granted, this is not always true)
sausage is offline   Reply With Quote