View Single Post
Old 19 March 2011, 12:55 AM   #53
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleRedRolex View Post
I agree 100%

I read a while back that another member on one of the forums broke his GMT2c insert after he dropped the watch on a tile floor. When he sent it to Rolex they wanted to full service it (to make sure the movement was ok after the fall) at a cost of $1200 give or take, inc bezel and insert.

I have not owned a ceramic rolex yet as I am a vintage guy, so I cant say if its more durable than the old metal inserts, but if i had a new Sub or GMT then i would be really carefull with it.

Lonnie
Although the prices would be outdated now, here's a ballmark figure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironstark View Post
Are you sure the pictured bezel component is from a GMTII bezel assembly?
It does look like part of the bezel assembly for the YMII.
It does`nt match any of the components shown in the diagram above. I have had to remove bezels from both of these watches in the past.
£600 for the insert is not right, thats closer to the price for the complete bezel.
The ceramic inserts are, like the previous generation a friction fit and push out from behind.
The retail price for the ceramic insert for a SS GMTII is £375 ($734) + plus applicable taxes in your country.
The retail price for the bezel complete for a SS GMTII is £676 ($1324) + plus applicable taxes in your country.
Prices quoted are from Rolex material dept as of today.
Pretty pricey, huh. So all of you GMT II ceramic owners out there be careful with your watches!!!!
It will certainly make me think twice about changing the insert when the two colour versions become available. (even with my staff discount!!!!)

From this thread:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...ost#post412319
SPACE-DWELLER is offline   Reply With Quote