View Single Post
Old 30 March 2011, 09:06 AM   #37
marcinthemiddle
Vacated

Watch: PAM 111 'N'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
No problem and I agree it is huge, but I didn't buy the watch for fashion, I bought the watch because of the history behind it.
To make a long story short the watch was originally made for the Egyptian navy and was intended to be worn on the outside of those big bulky diving suits.. Also it was commissioned design for panerai to come up with an indistructable watch.. Please keep in mind that this watch was intended for active field work only and only a few originals still exist from the original 50 watches made.

People love panerai bc of it's history and the unique and classic styling of the watch... It's models like the 341 that represent the birth of such styling into a modern form factor.. The 341 happenes to be one of the most controversial watches that the company has made to date due to it's size.. It's meant as a collectors piece.. If you truly know the brand then you would understand especially after seeing some of the huge wrist compasses and depth gauges they used to make as true tool pieces.
But I can see why people think it looks rediculous when they really don't understand the history behind panerai..
It's not like this is a regular production..
+1 Well said. I cannot wait to add this piece to my collection. Friends of mine have already commented to me that I could buy a solid gold Rolex/ PAM for the same amount of money. I really REALLY like the 341.

Executive Dorklehead
marcinthemiddle is offline   Reply With Quote