Thread: Pam 000 logo
View Single Post
Old 5 April 2011, 06:51 AM   #5
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
It is as good yes. it's a work horse movement in the 005 000...

it's just not made up to look so pretty as the movements seen in a 111 because the 005 000 have solid casebacks, panerai didnt decorate the movements that much because they can't bee seen.

swan neck regulators provide simple and easy way to adjust the movements timing where’s the 000 or 005 for instance that don't have them require a special tool to adjust the speed of the balance wheel. plus the bridge of the 005 000 is not as decorated as a 111 base pam with open back. the pam 111 bridge is also seperated in to a couple parts which make more of a fancy look and the 000/005 have one solid bridge.

that explains why the 005 is a little less exspensive than a 111, has a couple less features but in the end, pretty much the same watch.

the 005 and 000 are more popular because not only are they lower in production than other base models, but they also contain the sought after panerai logo painted on the dial.

the 000 and 005 are the only models panerai makes to this day that are modeled after the pre vendome panerai models. The rest of the base models all have more of a modern twist to them.

i love pre vendome panerai's so the 005 was a must have for me. i actually flipped my 111 and bought the 005.
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote