View Single Post
Old 8 April 2011, 09:03 AM   #61
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
daft & envy

you are going to have grass is always greener envy no matter which sub you get. blacki timeless, as you can tell by the appeal they have after all these years.
ive worn a blue tt sub for the last 20 years and ive always looked on w desire when i saw a black one near. (i still think my blue sub is great but it aint black)
the lv is definately hot in person, i havent seen photo do it justice.

my personal solution, i got a 16610LV and ill swap the bezel when i need a change, st of both worlds. fyi i absolutley hated the 16610LV when i first saw it,it took me about a year and all of the sudden i knew it was right.

best of luck , whatever you get just wear it everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatbob View Post
Cheers guys! As i said before, love hearing others' feedback. I'll take my wife in to have a look tomorrow - she knows I like the LV, but still value her opinion. I've only tried the LV on once, so need to check there was definitely more to it - it wasn't just a one night stand!

I know the LN is a classic, and I could wear it every day for years, but will I think it's as cool, when I see 2 other people wearing them in the same meeting? Or equally, will I feel daft wearing a "green" watch at the same meeting - this I seriously doubt, but I'm sure every potential LV buyer occasionally wonders about this... Still, my view is that it's all about confidence anyway, and it's obviously not for everyone, and totally respect anyone who prefers the LN - hell, I can't 100% guarantee I won't decide on the day that I want the LN!

Can I ask whether the dial changes colour as much throughout the day in different lighting conditions? Does the blackness only come through in bright environments - I've only seen it in a showroom.

Would love to see any other pictures as well! The pictures on Rolex website really don't do it justice!