View Single Post
Old 17 April 2011, 05:22 AM   #80
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by faingator View Post
I have been a TRF member since Nov 2009. I've conducted myself as required by the rules of the forum. I post periodically to the general forums, sell, and buy watches here on TRF. I've communicated with some extremely nice members. I've never been rude or disrespectfully to anyone on the forum.

I described a pre-owned watch as accurately as I could. I timed the watch and it was +2 in a 24 hr period. This information was given to the buyer prior to the sale. Any question the buyer had prior to the sale, he asked and I answered.

IMO, the watch I sold is working fine. If the buyer wants to regulate the watch to his specification, he has every right to do that but he should bare the cost.
A disappointing reply/response....
It is your prerogative, but I believe you just shot yourself in the foot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
Everyone remember to keep it as polite as possible.

You are all welcome to give your opinions though. Me, I'd have refunded by now.
My reputation (such that it may be) is more important than a couple of quid/bucks.

I'd like to reiterate this.....Keep it above board and stay on the high road with the responses and it'll be allowed to continue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 689maple View Post
What a gentlemanly thing to do. You may be certain I will check with you when I buy another watch.
You'll be hard pressed to find such a fair and honest seller as Greg!! (+ a couple of others!)

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..