View Single Post
Old 25 May 2011, 12:18 AM   #137
Joey_V
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub 16610 M
I flip/flop between lifting and running.

After med school, I gained about 15lbs above my usual weight of 160. Since I tipped 175 at 5'8", I decided I needed to quit lifting and try running. I ran about 1 mile every other day then progressed to 2 then to 3. After 4 months and a slight change to my diet (no pop), I hit 158lbs.

Then I started to lift weight again and have gone back to lifting heavy. Now I'm in low 160s... which is probably pretty healthy for me. I probably would need to run again for a couple of months to lean up but I need some more bulking to do.

I lift atleast 3 days a week... I really try for 4-5. I really focus on large muscle groups: chest then back then shoulders w/ arms. I used to do the whole chest/biceps then back/triceps then legs before when I was in college - but I would be in the gym for hours.

Now, I've trimmed down my workout so I can be in/out within 30-40 minutes and the results are nearly as good.

If you see me, I don't look like a bodybuilder nor am I trying to be - but you'll know that I work out alot.

My most important tip to anyone getting into fitness: Consistency is key.

Current Rotation: Rolex Submariner Date (M) - 1/08, Rolex Milgauss GV (V) - 2/10, Rolex SS Black Daytona (V) - 6/10, Rolex GMTIIC (G) - 5/11, TAG Heuer Silverstone (286/1860) - 1/2015
Former-watches: Omega PO/2535.80/2254, TAG Carrera/F1x2/Monaco, Panerai 312K/292L
Wish List: Panerai 270/505, Rolex SMURF, Rolex RG Daytona, Rolex DSSD
Joey_V is offline   Reply With Quote