Old 28 May 2011, 11:03 AM   #2
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldwilsonian View Post
Considering a Breitling Bentley 6.75 s/s Bronze Havana Dial - 48mm
Ref. # A44362 with brown croc. strap.

Purchase will be from a private dealer, watch is new with tags, boxes & papers. Msrp - $8440, can potentially buy for mid $5k's.

Have seen the watch previously at an AD, the metallic bronze dial looks incredible and with the brown croc. strap offset with the white stitching, IMO, the watch is stunning.

Never owned a Breitling before - any thing to be aware of with this particular model? how is the residual value, for what I can purchase it for is that a fair market price? I have a 71/2 wrist, so even though it is a 48mm fitment will not be an issue. I would sincerely welcome any thoughts, advise or guidance.

Kind regards.
is the watch on Tang or deplyant? also i belive that the bronze dial has been discontinued. not sure if that plays a factor in your decision process. another thing that you might want to do is get the dealer to take off the 6 oclock strap so you can see the production date. on the case between the 6 oclock lugs it will have a series of four numbers something like this "3809" basically the first 2 numbers are the week of the year and second two numbers are the year itself. so from my example that would make it the 38th week of 2009.

Since the bronze dial has been gone for a while this watch could be as old as 2007.
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote