Thread: My Rolex Sucks
View Single Post
Old 25 June 2011, 04:14 AM   #36
Oyster1982
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorgrad View Post
I am so disappointed in Rolex. My husband gave me a Datajust with diamonds 5 years ago. It has been back to the company for repair 4 times in 5 years!!! Each time it's gone about 3 months. It has been off my arm more than it has been on! It has never kept good time! It starts off losing time, and then it's almost like something "springs" and then the second hand starts sweeping around and it starts running hours fast. This is a $10,000 watch! I have timex watches that keep better time! My husband has a Rolex also that is just fine. Rolex fixed it free the first time, than charged me $250 the next time, and then $500!! then next time! Supposedly they restored it to "good as new" condition. They said it was my fault, that it had sustained "a blow" of some kind. I'm an accountant not a construction worker. The watch did not sustain a "blow". Now the watch is back in the shop, 6 months after I just got it back. You would think Rolex would be embarrassed! You would think in the name of good customer service they would replace the watch. Nope. I'm supposed to be grateful that they are fixing it free this time!! Wow Rolex! Just accept that it is possible for you to make a "lemon". Customer service goes a long way towards salvaging a customer relationship. So now I am left with the option of spreading the word through social media of how poor Rolex customer service is. I like my watch when I have it. I would have purchased another one, had they replaced it and shown me some consideration. Now, I am telling anyone who will listen how poor their service is, and how disappointing their product is. I wonder how long this next repair will last? Three months?
Did you find out from Rolex what was not working properly. Since the watch is loosing and gaining time it has to be a specific issue relating to the balance wheel, hairspring, and the regulation system. This could be a magnetization problem as well that is affecting the operation of the hairspring and balance wheel. Contact RSC to find out what they have repaired in your watch to find out why its always out of order.