View Single Post
Old 12 July 2011, 02:46 PM   #13
J. Alan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Alan View Post
I started the recent Vancouver AD tour thread, so count me in on a meeting or group buy. My main residence is in Kelowna, but the wife and I own a condo in Yaletown (Richards & Nelson - The Gallery), so we are sort of "Vancouverites", too! We plan to be in Vancouver again on the August long weekend (probably the Friday before), so if there are any plans started at this time for a meeting, tour, or group buy, let me know. I could probably volunteer our meeting room on the ground floor as a rendezvous point.

I personally favour Montecristo downtown, as I find Harvey Soon, the manager, a very pleasant, laid back guy, who will deal. But there is no reason not to take a crack at Brinkhaus, or Palladio which are all close by. Montecristo and Palladio are locally owned, while Brinkhaus is chain store operation. A visit to the Montecristo Oakridge branch (they are open Sunday) is worth it just to take in the decor and the separate room with lots of Rolex inventory. Of course, these stores all have other brands (JLC, Patek Philippe, Omega, Vacheron Constantin, etc.,etc.) for comparison and interest.

J. Alan
We seem to have a few interested parties in the group visit and buy. As mentioned in my post, I am good to go on the August 1st long weekend which includes July 29th until August 1st. Downtown could be done on Saturday July 30th (stores are not open on Sunday), and if we have enough steam left we could visit Montecristo Oakridge which is open Sunday. We need some one to organize the tour and if the August holiday works we don't have that much time to get it arranged.

J. Alan
J. Alan is offline   Reply With Quote