Thread: 16613
View Single Post
Old 27 July 2011, 10:18 AM   #17
CMT
"TRF" Member

Thanks so much guys. There is no end to my enjoyment of this thing. I don't know how long the honeymoon period is going to last but again I suspect it's going to be a long one. I've actually become self-conscious about checking the time too much in order to watch the blue hue change in different light conditions, and it cracks me up because I've never been quite this narcissistic about anything in my life.

The 16613 gets a lot of attention. Both welcome and unwelcome. On one hand where I sit on the board of directors for a local symphony orchestra, the fine gentleman next to me stared at the watch for almost the entirety of last night's two hour meeting. I've seen both a Yachtmaster and 2-tone Breitling Crosswind with a blue dial on his wrist before, so he's no stranger to the affliction, and I liked that he appreciated the Rolex.

On the other hand I had lunch with an old friend who is now associated with the Advancement department of an alma mater, and he wasn't buying the "I'm broke" shtick. He kept looking at the Rolex, and then looking at me with the same jocular half-cocked sneer/smile that I hated in prep school. So I told him I spent all my money on a wedding present to myself and to try me next year.

So thanks again for the understanding and good press! I have to finish this post up quick because it's detracting from my private 16613 stare time now that I'm home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSM View Post
I just wanted to chime in on this thread. I am the seller of the 16613 and I could not be happier that it went to someone so passionate about the watch as Chris. This watch sat in a safe after being worn on the initial purchase date. It was a shame as the watch is such a good looking piece. I wish Chris a long memory filled time with this piece and I hope he enjoys it as much as possible. And as always, superb pictures C!
What's up man! It's good to see you posting, Nic. I cannot thank you enough for offering me the 16613 in its ridiculously preserved condition, and I have a story for you. I made it almost 3/4 of the way home before opening the box. Can you believe that? It was a true exercise in self-control, but sadly the last quarter of the drive had me weaving magnificently all over the highway as the road was the last thing that had my attention.

Nic, I have a few more pictures but they're pretty redundant. I tried a few with a macro lens adapter but there's not really that much "macro" about it. I might be able to creatively crop and post process some of these, though, when I have a spare moment.

Thanks again my main man, and another thanks to everyone for the warm reception.
CMT is offline   Reply With Quote