View Single Post
Old 10 September 2011, 01:48 AM   #130
barstoolman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Doggy View Post
I agree with many of your points here. Let's hope they don't go SE crazy, especially at "lower" price points for where they seem to be going.
If your concern is future value of these watches, I certainly appreciate your point. From my standpoint, being a recent convert to Panerai, I love these new, lower priced SE's. I picked up a 416 at the BH Boutique and this watch screams to me everything that is Panerai and to top it off, at a very affordable price. There were Pams that were considerably more expensive and for good very good reason but I would have bought this watch over all of them even if price wasn't a factor because of its design and classic look.

Panerai has spent years building its brand and finally, the masses are more and more aware of it........the word has spread. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making great looking watches, at a lower price point to bring more people to the brand. This is no way will devalue the older SE.....probably just add to the interest price and uniqueness of them.

Just because Panerai has decided to call these newer, lower priced watches "Special Editions" doesn't really make them so. You could actually view them more as entry level Pams.

Just my two cents............
barstoolman is offline   Reply With Quote